COVID-19 Virus updates
COVID-19 Virus updates
We will be updating our website regularly on the status of COVID-19 to quickly communicate all new information with you. We want to assure you that we are following the CDC and DOH guidelines for nursing homes.
Due to government privacy requirements, we cannot divulge specific information about the individuals who have confirmed or suspected COVID-19, unless they are your family member and you have the necessary permissions to receive such information. We know you are concerned about your loved one, but it is crucial that we continue to restrict visitation to reduce the spread of this virus to others. We will contact you directly if your loved one is suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19.
We also understand that connecting with family members is incredibly important to our residents. Family members are encouraged to connect with their loved ones through video chat, calling, texting, or through social media. In order to assist you and our residents with this:
- We have purchased electronic tablets for the residents’ use in order to have video calls (allowing them to see & speak) with their friends and family. These calls can be arranged through our Activities or Social Services Department.
- We encourage families to send care packages for their loved ones that include a photo of the sender to be used as a memory prompt. Remember store bought goodies are permitted, but at this time, we cannot accept homemade foods. Please be sure to put the resident’s name on the package.
- If families would like to send video messages that can be played for the resident, please send via email to our Director of Activities, Jackie White at email@example.com
- If you would like to arrange for a scheduled face to face visit with your loved one, we have set up an area outside our activities department where a family member can sit and we will bring the resident to the doors. A phone can be provided to the resident making communication with the loved one easier. A visit such as this can be arranged through our Activities Department.
Additionally, we have increased our in-room visits by activities, social services, and music therapy and are conducting hallway activities and resident council meetings.
If you have a question regarding your family members condition, as always, please call 724-237-4629 and ask to be connected to the nurse for the unit on which they reside.
SOCIAL WORKER AND ACTIVITY CONTACTS:
- Director of Social Work – Kaytie Costic – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Worker – Megan Carasella – email@example.com
- Activities Director – Jackie White – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music Therapist – Greg Dinger – email@example.com
Stay safe and healthy!
Arlene Runzo, NHA